For the purpose of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, “CobaltConnect”, “Cobalt”, “we”, “our”, and “us” refers to Cobalt Payments Inc. and its subsidiaries, as the context requires. Please read this policy carefully. If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data We Collect
We collect Personal Data from you when you visit our Site or use our Services, when you send us information or communications, and/or when you submit content or enter into transactions in connection with our Services. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. When you register to use the Services or create a CobaltConnect Account, we may collect certain information, such as your username, password, name, company name, and email address. We also collect Personal Data that you provide to us as you use the Services, including, but not limited to:
- a list of items from any third-party integration added to CobaltConnect,
- information related to your sales and inventory, and
- information that allows us to automatically keep your inventory up to date based on your sales data. In addition, if you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we may collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email that you submit to us, in order to send you a reply.
An IP address is a number which recognizes the computer or other device used to access the internet. Typically, a web server automatically collects IP addresses and uses them to administer a application. IP addresses are used in conjunction with cookies for the purpose of “remembering” computers or other devices used to access our Site and/or Services. For further details, see “Cookies” below.
Analytics & Conversion Tracking:
How We Use the Personal Information We Obtain
Subject to your consent if required by law, we may use your personal information for the following reasons (List is subject to change):
- To improve and personalize your experience when you use this Site and/or Services;
- To contact you regarding any inquiry you make or to fulfil a request, such as, for example, a request for information about our products and services;
- To improve our products and services and for the development of future products and services;
- For internal record keeping and administration of records;
- For statistical analysis;
- To contact you by email and, if you have signed up for the service, to share e-newsletter or any other updates, communications or publications;
- For direct marketing purposes subject to your consent if required by applicable law (see “Managing Your Preferences” below);
- As necessary to set up and administer your sign up to, and use of, the log in facility available on the Site and/or Services;
- For compliance with applicable laws and/or regulations and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
- to develop and provide our web site and our products for our customers;
- to fulfill your requests for products or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products available from Cobalt, its affiliates and third parties.
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the Cobalt website, or any Cobalt products or services;
- to protect the services, products or rights of Cobalt, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Cobalt site;
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning the Cobalt site and its products.
- Cobalt also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes; and
Disclosures of the Personal Information
Portions of our services may be provided by organizations with which Cobalt has a contractual relationship, including processors, affiliates, vendors, and, accordingly, your personal information may be disclosed to them. We take steps aimed at ensuring that all such persons process your personal information as disclosed by us only as necessary for their service delivery and for no other purpose.
We also may disclose your personal information in order to obtain commercial and credit information to establish, maintain or renew a customer’s contract(s), as may be required to provide any of the services for which a customer has subscribed, to comply with the rules and regulations of any credit or debit card payment network or otherwise in accordance with this policy.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- In response to a court order or a request for cooperation from a regulatory, law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights;
- to defend legal claims; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations;
- When we believe that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Cobalt, its customers, staff, vendors, affiliates or others; and
- We do not sell, share, trade or lease your personal information to others in ways different from what is disclosed within this policy, agreed to contractually by our customers or otherwise with their permission; provided, if you were referred to Cobalt Payments for services via a third party, such as another independent services provider, we may share information with such third party in accordance with our business relationship with you and that third party.
A “cookie” is a text file that applications send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. This application’s uses of cookies includes those cookies that are strictly necessary to enable the features of the application, performance cookies to see how visitors use the application, and functionality cookies that enable the webpage to “remember” machines or devices, personalize application content and tailor user experience. In addition, cookies may be used to help us define our audience so that we can make appropriate changes to our Site and/or Services (“Demographics” cookies) and target advertisements to users when they are browsing this application and other applications (“Interest Reporting” cookies), in each case by reference to anonymous identifiers, not personal information. Additional information about the types of cookies we may use is provided below.
Function of Cookies
The cookies that we may use on this application fall into the following categories:
- Essential (“strictly necessary”) Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate the Site and/or Services and use its features. They are deleted when you close the browser.
Managing Your Preferences
Subject to your consent if required by applicable law, we may use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing information about our products and services as well as those of our affiliates and third parties, and we may permit those affiliates or other third parties to send their own direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing may be by email, telephone, post or SMS or such other method(s) as may become relevant. In addition, Cobalt may provide direct marketing information and permit others to do that as allowed by our customers’ respective contracts. We will take steps to seek to ensure that any direct marketing from us and which is sent by electronic